Magic in Lords of the Fallen is available to aid the player both in and out of combat. The player chooses between three distinct Magic Types during character creation. Each category contains four powerful spells. In New Game +, the player chooses one of the two remaining Magic Types. In New Game ++, the player selects the final remaining Magic Type. Thus, the player has access to all twelve spells throughout the full duration of the game.
– "A motionless clone that attracts enemy attention to give Harkyn advantage. Over time it will also restore some of your health."
– "A surrounding force that gives more damage, attack power and removes energy restrictions."
– "A powerful charging force that, apart from damaging, can stagger or knock down the enemies."
– "Your most powerful ally, coming down to help you and slam your enemies with a giant hammer, wreaking havoc."
– "A motionless clone that attracts enemy attention to give Harkyn an advantage in combat. Increases energy recovery."
– "A phase of magic following you, copying your moves and dealing repeating the damage you've done."
– "A bloodseeking supernatural assassin that sprints towards its prey to severely damage it or take its life."
– "Harkyn moves into shadow dimension. Any attack he deals is devastating, but brings him back in to view."
– "A motionless clone that attracts enemy attention to give Harkyn an advantage in combat. Increases Magic recovery."
– "A protective shell that highly increases all types of defense and mirrors the incoming damage."
– "A powerful force that inflicts fear upon the enemies, slowing them down and lowering defenses."
– "Eye for an eye. Enemy attacks are being revenged by stunning the opponent."